PDA

View Full Version : RepoGen

hyper_ch
December 21st, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hi there

some may remember source-o-matic by Seveas. Unfortunately it has gone offline a while ago. As I liked the tool quite a lot I thought it was nice to have it back on.

The reason why it was taken offline was, that it's not needed anymore because in synaptic you can re-create your sources list if you messed it up. However I think on a server you just can't run synaptic (although if you operate a server you'd normally know how to fix such problems). Also Seveas added a few extra repos.

Because of that I created now my own little tool that does that. A couple of third party repos that I use are already added.

Have a look at http://repogen.simplylinux.ch

Elfy
December 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Looks excellent hyper_ch - more so once I saw the Add Country :)

Before I added the UK to the list I didn't see any Partner or 3rd party repos, thought I'd say as other people mightn't see the options.

I shall bookmark that - I used to quite often refer people to the old source-o-matic before it went missing in action.

=D>

hyper_ch
December 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
:) now if only a mod/admin could move that here to the appropriate section :) I didn't mean to post it here but in the café :)

overdrank
December 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Done :)

Elfy
December 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
:) now if only a mod/admin could move that here to the appropriate section :) I didn't mean to post it here but in the café :)

Well I'm glad you did or I would never have seen it :lol:

Lord DarkPat
December 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM
A marvellous idea, it is probably very useful for those uninitiated with the repo/sources system. Very good work. And you unintentionally gave me a holiday project, so, Good Job :D

sdennie
December 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Very cool, hyper_ch. I'll add some other trusted repos in a bit. :)

hyper_ch
December 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
feel free to add more stuff :)