PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Live Boot

BrasilKO17
December 21st, 2008, 06:13 AM
Last year, I attempted to live boot Ubuntu(GG I think)on my computer (an HP a1220n). Regardless of what CD I used, Ubuntu refused to boot, though every single CD I made worked on my Friend's laptop. I eventually tried partitioning my HD to install Ubuntu onto, just to try this thing out, but it still seemed to crash at the loading screen (the one with the orange bar going back and forth). Sadly in an attempt to undo everything I fried my OS. That isn't really the point though, I now run Windows Vista normally.

NOW:
Today I tried running the 8.10 live boot to see if it would work, I completely formatted my HD an have a new version of Windows booted. Ubuntu still gets stuck on that loading screen.

I personally think it has something to do with my hardware, but haven't found anything anywhere other than one post which didn't tell me much

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=678066

Any ideas?

taurus
December 21st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Is your hardware the same as the one from the link? You can always try the alternate CD if you want to install Ubuntu on your machine.

BrasilKO17
December 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
The hardware is exactly the same (even though the computer came with 512MB of ram, I guess we both upgraded to 2GB coincidentally)

I've tried just about every version of the Ubuntu CD's including the alternate one you mentioned, it always freezes at the same point.