PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 Install Doesnt Work with me

orc_dragoon
December 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
Every Time I try to install unbuntu I get to the install screen. Then I get to screen where I bar bounces back and forth. Then It loads a black screen with a bunch of digits and theres nothing I can do.

I have the disk from the company.

System Specs:
200gb Harddrive
320 ram
Intel Pentuim 3 Processor - Desktop Board
( Office Computer )

I have also Tried
Xubuntu - Same Problem
Ubuntu & Xubuntu - Alternatives - Same Problem

I have 3 days on windows ( Lost serial for people who are wondering).

So all help will be needed/

taurus
December 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
How fast did you burn the alternate CD? At the initial screen, did you run a scan to check cd for defects?

I assume you have one of those Intel graphic controllers on your machine.

skern03
December 21st, 2008, 02:26 AM
Are you booting from the CD? If not, do so, then try this. When you get the install screen with the select languages part, choose your language. Then you'll get a menu that has a list of selections, something like
LiveCD
Install
Move the cursor to Install with the arrow keys. Hit the F6 key. This permits you to enter install options. You'll see what appears to be a non-editable line of text. Type in the following:
noapci
then hit enter. See if that works.

BTW, even with that, 8.10 won't install for me at all. It always crashes with an Ubiquity error; however, I don't get a black screen. It almost completely loads, but fails before it installs things like keyboard drivers. That's really fun ;-)

I switched back to 8.04. You might d/l that distribution and see if it works any better.

Good luck!

Every Time I try to install unbuntu I get to the install screen. Then I get to screen where I bar bounces back and forth. Then It loads a black screen with a bunch of digits and theres nothing I can do.

I have the disk from the company.

System Specs:
200gb Harddrive
320 ram
Intel Pentuim 3 Processor - Desktop Board
( Office Computer )

I have also Tried
Xubuntu - Same Problem
Ubuntu & Xubuntu - Alternatives - Same Problem

I have 3 days on windows ( Lost serial for people who are wondering).

So all help will be needed/

orc_dragoon
December 21st, 2008, 02:29 AM
How fast did you burn the alternate CD? At the initial screen, did you run a scan to check cd for defects?

I assume you have one of those Intel graphic controllers on your machine.

I burned the disk at 100kb per second. I cant check the disk because it does the same thing.