PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bonobo Error On Ubuntu 8.10

infamous-online
December 20th, 2008, 01:11 AM
This the first time, I've ever had a problem with an Ubuntu build. I had to post this to see if anyone else has received this error as well.

It was a dedicated box for my website, and I had it setup perfectly, and as I was instructed to restart the pc due to the kernel update, so I restarted the pc and I received this error!

"Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error from Bonobo when attempting to locate the factory. Killing bonobo-activation-server and restarting Nautilus may help fix the problem."

However, all I can see is the background image, no desktop icons, nothing. Even pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete didn't help, as it only gave me 2 options. Log off my account or switch users.

Of course this really upset me, because I set this server up perfectly and transferred critical data to it, only to lose it within a few hours. So, has anyone else received this error, and how does one go about correcting this?

Thanks,

Will](*,)

P.S If this thread is in the wrong forum, please move to the correct one. Thanks In Advance.