PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Movies not loading

jafar3001
December 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Hey i just recently installed a bunch of firefox updates. I now have a problem playing videos online. Before I used to have to click on the video, then it would play. Now it doesn't even let me click it.

When I right click on the video, it says Movie not loaded..., but it doesnt let me click on it. It also says About Adobe Flash Player 10, but I have the most recent version of Flash installed.

I know this problem has something to do with the Firefox update, but can't figure out what. Does anyone else have this problem or can help?

Thanks

stakken
December 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I have the same problem, flash is up to date. I have tried to install flash manually. But it does not make any difference.

Sjoerd

stakken
December 20th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I found it, flashblock does not work in combination with the adobe flashplugin since my last update.

When I removed flashblock (extention of firefox) all works well after restarting firefox.

sudo apt-get remove flashblock

ismoore999
December 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
well spotted.
I have also noticed that it is not as simple as this. Some sites do indeed work still (for example try last.fm) so there must be something that sites such as youtube or others (news.bbc.co.uk also fails) are doing that prevents flash from working.

ismoore999
December 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
One other quick note on this - it appears to be that uninstalling flashblock as described in your email and then add flash block via the "add-ins" for firefox works fine.

Maybe some versioning issue or something fixed in flashblock since the version packaged.