PDA

View Full Version : Creating Menus in DOS Batch Files

james_xxx
December 19th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I am rather embarrassed to resort to asking about this in the Ubuntu Forums, but...

As a final project in a class on Operating Systems that I am taking, we have to write a rather lengthy MSDOS batch script that uses interactive menus. (I will add that I have primarily done this assignment using FreeDOS running in VirtualBox, or using dosemu :D .)

I spent nearly a day writing (what I thought was) a very nice script, only to discover that in our instructions, we had been forbidden to use 'if errorlevel'. Unfortunately, this is what I had used throughout.

I have scoured our textbook and numerous online tutorials, but every example of a batch file menu I can find uses this forbidden command.

I am wondering if anyone out there in Ubuntu-land would have an idea as to how to create interactive menus in DOS without using 'choice' and 'if errorlevel'.

Suggestions will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

Rocket2DMn
December 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Your question would have been better asked in the Windows Discussion area of the forums. However, we don't do homework help here, sorry and good luck.