PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Do I Install KDE On Ubuntu With Out Internet, Also I Need To Reinstall NM

Khaos139
December 18th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I have tried the cd method

sudo apt-cdrom update
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

But it seems to still load through the respiratories, then when I turned them all off except the cd, kubuntu-desktop wasn't even a package...
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

I have a dell inspiron 1000 running Ubuntu and I have been trying to get the Dell 1350 Wireless PC card to work

So after I installed the ndiswrapper driver (Yes I installed the right dell one) I have installed wcid before it. wcid Isn't loading any wifi's so I was wondering can I reinstall Network Manager without internet? I have tried but it just gives me some error stating its old or not available or something like that, thx...

lykwydchykyn
December 18th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Why don't you just get a Kubuntu disc?

The Ubuntu disc only comes with enough stuff to install Ubuntu. The entire repository is about 15-20 GB of compressed package files, so you can't have all the packages available on CD.

Khaos139
December 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Why don't you just get a Kubuntu disc?

The Ubuntu disc only comes with enough stuff to install Ubuntu. The entire repository is about 15-20 GB of compressed package files, so you can't have all the packages available on CD.

U mean install kubuntu completely? I have the cd and I tried loading it in the package manager so I could install kubuntu-desktop

Ur saying I need to just reinstall it completely?