PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Set autostart order of applications in ubuntu 8.10

Hyblade
December 18th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I'm new here but there is one question that bothers me since I installed the new ubuntu version: Why the heck insn't it possible to change the autostart order of applications in the 'session' configuration panel? I believe to remember that in 7.10 and 8.04 there was a box where I could enter a Integer-Value which set the programm start-priority?!

Is there a way to do this in 8.10's gnome? My problem is, that compiz-fusion WM will always be replaced when I start a new session. I always have to re-enable the WindowManager...

THX for your help!

Impact_666
January 18th, 2009, 03:33 AM
That's a good question. I've been trying to find the answer to this too, but so far, there's been no hit.

It seems Ubuntu has borrowed a chapter from Windows - just load everything at once, and give the user absolutely no control in an easy-to-configure way.

I would love to see a system by which you can specify start order, and start delay, so you can specify the start-order (obviously), and how long to wait before continuing on to the next item to start.

If anyone has an idea, please let us know.

BTW: I hate Ubuntu 8.10, 8.04 was better; I'm too lazy to revert, so I'll wait for the next version and hopes that the coders get their acts together. I've seen better releases.