PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade from hardy to ibex, screen doens't appear

statusquo
December 18th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I'm trying to upgrade from Hardy to Ibex following the directions on the main web site:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

I've gotten to step 5 without any problem, but after that the screen that is supposed to inform me that there is an upgrade available doesn't appear. I also tried "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" and that didn't work either. Both times I'm being told my system is completely upgraded.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

luoenzhen
December 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Are you sure you're online? check the /etc/apt/sources.list

statusquo
December 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, I am online, but I'm behind a proxy. I've set the proxy information in the Synaptic package manager's "network" tab, and I've been having no problem updating my existing packages.

I'm not sure what you wanted me to check in /apt/sources.list, but I've attached it for reference. I haven't touched it so it should be the default settings.

appier
April 11th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Yes, I am online, but I'm behind a proxy. I've set the proxy information in the Synaptic package manager's "network" tab, and I've been having no problem updating my existing packages.

Experiencing the same problem here. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Mark

david_kt
June 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Experiencing the same problem here. Did anyone ever find a solution?

Mark

What I do is:

gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

Replace all hardy to intrepid and save it.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

I have not finished upgrading yet, but looks like I will need to troubleshoot the upgrade afterward. It is better to do clean install if you could.

DK