PDA

View Full Version : Attention all music emulation fans

BoyOfDestiny
December 10th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I stumbled upon this app:

http://www.bannister.org/software/ao.htm

the current release of Audio Overload supports music in the following file formats:

* AY - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST
* COP - Sam Coupe
* GBS - Nintendo Gameboy
* GSF - Nintendo Gameboy Advance
* GYM - Sega Megadrive/Genesis
* HES - PC Engine
* IMF - PC-compatibles, various Apogee games
* KSS - MSX
* MDX - Sharp X68000
* MOD - Commodore Amiga
* NSF - Nintendo NES
* NSFE - Nintendo NES (enhanced tags)
* ORC - TRS-80 Orchestra-90
* PSF - Sony PlayStation
* QSF - Capcom QSound
* RAW - PC-compatibles with an AdLib
* ROL - PC-compatibles, AdLib Visual Composer
* S3M - PC-compatibles with a GUS or SoundBlaster
* S98 - NEC PC-98
* SAP - Atari XL/XE
* SCI - PC-compatibles, various Sierra games
* SNDH - Atari ST
* SPC - Super Nintendo
* VGM - Sega Master System/Game Gear
* VTX - Spectrum Vortex Tracker
* YM - Amstrad CPC/Spectrum ZX/Atari ST

Anyway, I couldn't seem to find the source anywhere... so downloader beware...

I must say it works well though, I'm able to listen to Seiken Densetsu III spcs on my ubuntu 64 box at last...

Works with win, osx, linux 32 and 64...

DigitalAxis
May 19th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I agree, it's nice- the formats it supports are nice. I do have a few quibbles though.

* It forgot the directory I opened my music in every time, so I had to navigate through a rather long list of folders MANY times
* You can only add one song to the playlist at once (more if they're in an archive, in which case they all seem to take the name of the archive)
* No way to save or load playlists, so any time you want to listen to music... folder navigation!
* No sound when any window other than the main window is open. So I couldn't even listen to music while going through my long list of folders.
* There's currently no way to record to .wav; that feature is to be added later. So forget about loading it once and rendering it to something more portable like Ogg.

In short, it's painful to use.

For now I'm sticking to either Audacious, or my custom script that launches uade123, timidity, adplay, play, or sidplay2 as needed.

I do need an Atari XL/XE SAP and Atari ST YM or SNDH player though.

BoyOfDestiny
May 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I agree, it's nice- the formats it supports are nice. I do have a few quibbles though.

* It forgot the directory I opened my music in every time, so I had to navigate through a rather long list of folders MANY times
* You can only add one song to the playlist at once (more if they're in an archive, in which case they all seem to take the name of the archive)
* No way to save or load playlists, so any time you want to listen to music... folder navigation!
* No sound when any window other than the main window is open. So I couldn't even listen to music while going through my long list of folders.
* There's currently no way to record to .wav; that feature is to be added later. So forget about loading it once and rendering it to something more portable like Ogg.

In short, it's painful to use.

For now I'm sticking to either Audacious, or my custom script that launches uade123, timidity, adplay, play, or sidplay2 as needed.

I do need an Atari XL/XE SAP and Atari ST YM or SNDH player though.

As of the past year+ I just use audacious as well (with uade too of course!)

The post you replied to I wrote in December of 2005. :)

ububaba
May 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM
As of the past year+ I just use audacious as well (with uade too of course!)

The post you replied to I wrote in December of 2005. :)

It is as good as gold.