PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Open a terminal?

northmantim
December 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Ok, well, I went-a-lookin' through the forums, but I didnt see this question or answer;
How do I open a terminal?
What I am attempting to do is load and run Lord of the Rings Online Game. There is this ginormous list of things I need to write to do this? Ummm....I am blonde! Can someone possibly give me some sort of step-by-step procedure for this Please? The link I was given is here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14566
I am an EXTREME Novice when it comes to this so aside from putting a CD in the CDRom and MAYBE a couple of settings, I know absolutely nothing about anything!!! HAHA
Ok, any and all help will be VERY Helpful (hehe) and appreciated. Thanks again.
After I can get my game up and running, I wont have much more questions until I start writing on my book again.

neu2buntu
December 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
click on applications ,accessories terminal this will launch it....or you can right click on terminal and choose option add to panel

xjcannonx
December 17th, 2008, 10:33 PM
open a terminal...go to - Applications-->Accessories-->terminal

neu2buntu
December 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
you will need to start by having wine instaled copy and paste this into your terminal,hit return ,enter your password then return (your password wont be visible)

sudo apt-get install wine

northmantim
December 17th, 2008, 11:19 PM
you will need to start by having wine instaled copy and paste this into your terminal,hit return ,enter your password then return (your password wont be visible)

sudo apt-get install wine

Ok, I did almost all the directions including what you wrote here. I am stuck on "And add the keys from the regedit section." in the How to on that link I posted.
I have wine loaded on my system, and went through all the steps up to that. But...Where do I find the Keys from the regedit section?
And how do I add them?

Vantrax
December 17th, 2008, 11:36 PM
load the wine registry editor by hitting alt f2 and typing wine regedit

It looks like you should be loading a copy of the registry that you previously exported.

I would assume that means you edit the registry entries with a text editor then add them back in.

northmantim
December 18th, 2008, 12:23 AM
load the wine registry editor by hitting alt f2 and typing wine regedit

It looks like you should be loading a copy of the registry that you previously exported.

I would assume that means you edit the registry entries with a text editor then add them back in.

LOL, Sory, I dont know what you mean. I hit "alt f2" and the run application poped up. I typed in "wine regedit". What do I do now?