PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bug (?) in "Hide all windows and focus desktop"

peppergrower
December 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I recently started using Ubuntu (8.10), and I decided to map a few keyboard shortcuts to the same keys as in Windows, since those are what I'm used to. In particular, there are several shortcuts using the Windows key that I use frequently (Win-L to lock the screen, Win-E to open a file browser, etc.)

I changed these all with no problem...except for one thing. I also mapped "Hide all windows and focus desktop" to Win-D, but when I tested it, my system froze for about a minute (the mouse would move, but I couldn't do anything else), and then X Windows restarted and I had to log back in. I thought there was a conflict with another shortcut or something, so I tried Win-F instead. Nope...same thing. Basically like hitting Alt-Ctrl-Backspace, but with a minute's pause first. But, if I change the shortcut back to Alt-Ctrl-D (the default), it works fine.

I can live with using a different shortcut if I have to, but I'd really like this to just work. Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can change to fix it, perhaps?

Many thanks,
Michael