PDA

View Full Version : totem-pl-parser help

wolterh
December 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hi. I'm working on an internet radio project (visit: google-code site (http://code.google.com/p/bambox/)) and one of the last things missing is the playlist parser, which is essential, for almost every internet radio station points to a playlist file.

I was mixing around some code based on what they sampled here (http://library.gnome.org/devel/totem-pl-parser/stable/totem-pl-parser-totem-pl-parser.html).

This is my current source. It may seem to you like it is a whole mess, but its my proof that I gave it a shot to code something out and am not just asking for somebody to write the code for me. Now, I did not attempt to build the package because it is not ready yet. I want somebody to check it out first to tell me what am I doing wrong and how to correct it.

/* parser.h */

/*
* bambox parser header
* --------------------
* Copyright 2008, Wolter Hellmund <whellmundv@gmail.com>
*/

#ifndef BAMBOX_PARSER
#define BAMBOX_PARSER

#include <totem-pl-parser.h>

TotemPlParser *parser_data;
GtkTreeModel *parser_model;
GtkTreeIter *parser_model_iter;
GHashTable *parser_hash;

/* Song data */
struct
{
char *uri;
char *artist;
char *title;
unsigned short int duration;
} bambox_metadata;

void parser_init(); /* Will prepare everything for parsing stations*/
void parser_parse();/* Will parse the url and store the information in the bambox_metadata struct under the correct sections. */

#endif

/* -------------------------------------------------------------- */
/*parser.c */

/*
* bambox parser source
* --------------------
* Copyright 2008, Wolter Hellmund <whellmundv@gmail.com>
*/

#include "parser.h"

void parser_init()
{
g_object_set(parser_data, "recurse", FALSE, "disable-unsafe", TRUE, NULL);
g_signal_connect( G_OBJECT(parser_data), "playlist-started", G_CALLBACK(playlist_started), NULL);
g_signal_connect( G_OBJECT(parser_data), "entry-parsed", G_CALLBACK(entry_parsed), NULL);

parser_data = totem_pl_parser_new();
parser_model = gtk_list_store_new(4, G_TYPE_STRING, G_TYPE_STRING, G_TYPE_STRING, G_TYPE_INT);
populate_model(parser_model);
}

void parser_parse()
{
if ( totem_parser_parse(parser_data, playlist, FALSE) != TOTEM_PL_PARSER_RESULT_SUCCESS)
{
action_reportError("failed to parse playlist");
}

bambox_metadata.uri = g_hash_table_lookup(parser_hash, TOTEM_PL_PARSER_FIELD_URL);
bambox_metadata.artist = g_hash_table_lookup(parser_hash, TOTEM_PL_PARSER_FIELD_ARTIST);
bambox_metadata.title = g_hash_table_lookup(parser_hash, TOTEM_PL_PARSER_FIELD_TITLE);
bambox_metadata.duration = g_hash_table_lookup(parser_hash, TOTEM_PL_PARSER_FIELD_DURATION);

gtk_tree_model_get (parser_model, parser_model_iter,
0, bambox_metadata.uri,
1, bambox_metadata.artist,
2, bambox_metadata.title,
3, bambox_metadata.duration,
-1);
}