PDA

View Full Version : Best Linkin Park Album...

icanfly0307
December 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
It's been more than a year since Linkin Park's latest album, Minutes to Midnight, was released. I've been reading a lot of reviews on the net and I feel that this isn't the best of their lot. It doesn't even sound like Linkin Park at all! They've lost their regular heavy metal touch and you can barely hear Mike Shinoda rap or even sing. Overall, I didn't like this album as much as the previous ones. Three stars to LP. What do you guys think?

:guitar:

grazed
December 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
you're missing reanimation!!!

which... is my favorite album by them.

i don't really care for hybrid, meteora, or the latest album. i was more into their underground albums... which were amazing.

icanfly0307
December 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
LOL. I was talking about their studio albums. BTW, I'm just curious. Is Reanimation a remix of their studio albums or does it contain totally different songs?

grazed
December 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM
LOL. I was talking about their studio albums. BTW, I'm just curious. Is Reanimation a remix of their studio albums or does it contain totally different songs?

complete reworks of the hybrid theory album, remixes, and guest appearances from jonathen davis, aaron lewis, etc.. some original content as well.

if you listen to it, it's amazing. something like... 70 people contributed to the album. i forget the exact number.

icanfly0307
December 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm gonna try it out tonite...

Eisenwinter
December 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
none of their albums are good.

ZuLuuuuuu
December 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Only the first song of their latest album sounds like Linkin Park and the others are almost completely different. I don't say that they are bad but they are certainly not Linkin Park. So the latest album was a great disappointment for me, as I expected another Linkin Park album.

I don't know any other group which has a sound like in Hybrid Theory and Meteora, so the first-and-only band who creates songs like that is gone, which is sad...

armageddon08
January 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hybrid Theory for sure......

swoll1980
January 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I really liked their first album, it was fresh. Every single song they have put out since then sounds exactly the same, so that got old really fast.

Naiki Muliaina
January 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Your also missing Collision Course ^^ Currently my 'most played' Linkin Park album ^^

armageddon08
January 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Your also missing Collision Course ^^ Currently my 'most played' Linkin Park album ^^

Collision Course didn't quite sound like Linkin Park. It felt like Chester was missing in action or sort of sidelined.

Procuro
January 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
haha, I kind of liked Minutes to Tonight, but it looks like I'm the only one so far :)

cdwillis
January 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
none of their albums are good.

Right on.:popcorn:

Naiki Muliaina
January 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Collision Course didn't quite sound like Linkin Park. It felt like Chester was missing in action or sort of sidelined.

Maybe, but i think Linkin have a problem with repeating themselves. Dont get me wrong, i love all their albums. But i do think they often just sound like their new songs sound like their old songs a lot. Collision Course was completely different.

I like to see artists such as Moby or David Bowie who create a totaly new sounds and sort of theme an album with that new sound with each release. When you hear them you know its them, but each of their albums sounds different. Each individual song is different too, but they manage to theme them onto an album and make it sound right.

Even when you listen to Minutes to Midnight, nearly the whole album sounds the same. Its good but it sounds the same. :)

Sprut1
January 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Hybrid; no contest!

mips
January 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM
They don't have any best albums.

jimi_hendrix
January 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
i will have to say meteora because i hate minutes to midnight except for 2 songs and i never heard half of hybrid theory due to CD issues...but the half i heard i liked and reanimations (please put up) wis good

zekopeko
January 24th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe, but i think Linkin have a problem with repeating themselves. Dont get me wrong, i love all their albums. But i do think they often just sound like their new songs sound like their old songs a lot. Collision Course was completely different.

I like to see artists such as Moby or David Bowie who create a totaly new sounds and sort of theme an album with that new sound with each release. When you hear them you know its them, but each of their albums sounds different. Each individual song is different too, but they manage to theme them onto an album and make it sound right.

Even when you listen to Minutes to Midnight, nearly the whole album sounds the same. Its good but it sounds the same. :)

the worst offender in that regard would have to be Blink 182. They have like 20 albums that are the same.

rudihawk
January 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Meteora - every song on that album is epic.

-jay-
January 24th, 2009, 05:55 PM
i own all the albums but my fav is the 1st album