PDA

View Full Version : Old Login Theme?

FLeiXiuS
October 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah I've been browsing around and I can't seem to find the old login theme. I didn't like the new one as much as I did the old one. I would've avoided the dist-upgrade if I would've known this. The first background took my eyes out of my head, it was just beautiful. I'd love to get the old theme back. Does anyone know where I could possibly find it?

iwasbiggs
October 18th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I zipped the folder from an older backup image.
You can find it here:
http://www.ruinedsoft.com/Human2.tar.bz2

Extract it into /usr/share/gdm/themes

Then change to the Human2 theme from the gdm configuration program.

adbak
October 18th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I voted for the old theme, not because I hate the naked people on it, but because the first one was easier on the eyes.

cseg
October 18th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Where the selection for "Other"? I've seen a lot of nice alternatives lately.

Seriously, include everyone who wants to be on the list, have a way to view the various images, and ask which one people have installed on their system.

emperor
October 18th, 2004, 05:55 PM
This is the one I like, is this the new one, or a different one entirely?

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/WartyWarthog_2fImages

FLeiXiuS
October 18th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Where the selection for "Other"? I've seen a lot of nice alternatives lately.

Seriously, include everyone who wants to be on the list, have a way to view the various images, and ask which one people have installed on their system.

Well this wasn't a debat about the theme possibilties. This is about what the defualt theme should be for Ubuntu. I disagree that the New Theme is perhaps well suited for Ubuntu. I much rather prefer the Old Theme. It was just completely stunning.

baz
October 19th, 2004, 07:37 PM
nudity is fine in the right place & time but very
"strange making" in inappropriate circumstances

try it at work sometime and see what I mean

PLEASE get rid of the nude theme...

-baz

P.S. the rest of the distro is superb btw! :wink:

eNiNjA
October 20th, 2004, 12:42 AM
No vote for me, I really do not care what my computer looks like.

As long as everything works, and I can manage 80 or so servers from it,
it's a-ok in my book.

=)

easy_target
November 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I really think th eold theme best represents the ideals of ubuntu . Want something better than people to represent humanity?

BWF89
November 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
What's the old theme look like? I can't do anything with those .tar files...

zenwhen
November 26th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Voted "new" simply because seeing a little skin when you first boot the OS, which does not bother me, is enough to make a lot of people not use the distro. Aesthetics add nothing to Ubuntu as a distro, and users add everything.

I think having more humans using the OS is more important than more humans showing skin on the login screen. Unless you think people who are offended by seeing a little skin aren't worthwhile people. If that is your stance... you are probably a bigot.

TravisNewman
November 27th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I zipped the folder from an older backup image.
You can find it here:
http://www.ruinedsoft.com/Human2.tar.bz2

Extract it into /usr/share/gdm/themes

Then change to the Human2 theme from the gdm configuration program.
I get errors about this not being in the correct format. Has anyone else had luck with it?