PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] re-new installation?

jesse c
December 17th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I have been having graphics issues since upgrade to Intrepid.Now i just noticed that there is an "install to disk" category on my system/administration menue.I clicked on it to check it out and it seems to want to slightly repartition my dual boot(nothing drastic)But is this whats causing 'restricted driver' being missing from the sys/admin menu because i never "installed" Intrepid after my upgrade/update?Should i go ahead and go thru the install process anyway?

ssam
December 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM
it looks like somehow you still ubiquity (the ubuntu graphical installer) installed. it ought to have been removed at the end of installation. i think it is probably a bad idea to run it anywhere apart from on the live cd.

if you want the restricted driver manager, then you should use synaptic package manager to install jockey-gtk. you should probably also make sure the package ubuntu-desktop is installed, as it sound like you may not have a complete install.

jesse c
December 18th, 2008, 01:01 AM
thanks SSAM you were right on both points.I now have 'hardware driver'on the list but when i click on it it says there are no propriatary drivers on my system.I used to have my nvidia driver enabled but now my computer is running in low graphics mode and yes i do have nvidia driver installed on my synaptic list.If i had a bad download upgrade would it be wise to reinstall by the Ibex cd?I have the cd but i was too impatient to wait for the mail so i downloaded it by upgrade/update instead of waiting.It was a pre-ordered cd(before Oct 30th) that showed up maybe 2nd week Oct so i wonder if there are newer updated install cd available by now or doesnt it work that way?