PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] resolution or monitor problem

darijan
December 17th, 2008, 09:59 AM
when i go to "video (or screen) options" menu in any game, and click "play in fullscreen", i get the "mode not supported" message, my screen is black and i cant se my workspace. Only thing i can do (AND I KNOW) is to restart PC on restart buttonon PC Case.
i think that is because games are not made in widescreen mode (i think that the highest resolution in games is 1280*1024)

why does screen blocks when i choose that (lets call it) irregular - not wide screen resolution, and i MUST restart my PC.. and after restart when i start game again, screen blocks again so the only thing that i can do is "uninstall game"

can i do something?

Lyconyx
December 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Is it possible to force your games resolution in the config file?

Lyconyx

darijan
December 17th, 2008, 11:23 AM
how do i open congif file, and how to force resolution in that file?

Lyconyx
December 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Normally depends on the game a simple text editor does the job normally then you have to look for anything relating to resolution, you could also check out the particular games community for more info on the contents of the config file they usually know about it for tweaking etc.

Lyconyx

darijan
December 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM
i am in my office now, and my ubuntu OS is at home, so i will see that when i come home.

one more thing. where i can find that file, or what do i have to type in terminal to open it?

Lyconyx
December 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Again depends on the game but normally its just in the games directory. As for opening it if you have vim installed you can just cd to the directory its in then type:

vim filename

to open it in vim otherwise you should be able to open it from the gui fine.

darijan
February 24th, 2009, 05:32 PM
i solved this problem.