PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] accidental keyboard remap

elitenoobboy
December 17th, 2008, 06:34 AM
One thing that I noticed recently is that when you, for instance, open up the file menu of a window and then hit a key combo while one of the options is selected, that key press combo is then remapped to that selected menu option. But is there anyway to undo or disable this? I accidentally pressed a key and remapped one of the options, and while backspace works on getting rid of it, I have no idea what this was originally mapped to. On a possibly related note, the '0' key on my number pad no longer works. It's function has been replaced by insert, regardless of whether or not the NUM lock is on.

Poyntz
December 17th, 2008, 06:39 AM
what program is this that you're using? that normally doesn't happen. additionally, if you've binded keys to settings in bash they probably won't be permanent unless you write them to the .bashrc file

elitenoobboy
January 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
what program is this that you're using? that normally doesn't happen. additionally, if you've binded keys to settings in bash they probably won't be permanent unless you write them to the .bashrc file

I was using just the gnome terminal at the time. The problem only went away after a restart, and I haven't had it happen since then. I had just upgraded to intrepid at the time, and I recalled hearing something about on the fly shortcut remapping, so I assumed that it had something to do with that.