PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] To give internet connection

naveen kankanallu
December 17th, 2008, 05:43 AM
dear sir,

i have a desktop in which i have loaded winxp sp2 with that i have loaded ubuntu linux 8.04.
now i want to load the same version of linux alone and set up internet connection to the system so plz help me in connecting the system to NET.

WITH REGARDS,
naveen kankanallu:p

jessdog9001
December 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Forums!

Please give us some more details, i.e., what kind of network do you have (wired or wireless), what network card is in your computer, etc.

In many cases Ubuntu will automatically detect and configure your network, so you might try booting the latest LiveCD and see if networking already works. If so, you don't have to do any other configuration. Simply proceed with the installation and when it comes to the partitioning step, choose to use the entire disk (that will remove Windows and install Ubuntu exclusively).

linux2learn
December 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Forums!

Please give us some more details, i.e., what kind of network do you have (wired or wireless), what network card is in your computer, etc.

In many cases Ubuntu will automatically detect and configure your network, so you might try booting the latest LiveCD and see if networking already works. If so, you don't have to do any other configuration. Simply proceed with the installation and when it comes to the partitioning step, choose to use the entire disk (that will remove Windows and install Ubuntu exclusively).

Is he telling to Clean the HDD and replace the existing OS's with one New OS ?
I think He is going to install another copy of Ubuntu in the computer in which he wants to use internet.. May I be wrong ???

ugm6hr
December 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Please supply more details regarding how you get your internet connection.

I would advise you ensure it works before removing Windows.