PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Out of curiosity...

Cadeyrn
December 17th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Well one thing I've known for a while is that on Windows, at least for ATI cards, the drivers tend to leave things cluttered and messy and the famous Driver Cleaner fixes that right before you install a new driver to ensure less crashing and faster good-graphics-stuff. It worked quite well, and I know right now all Ubuntu users with ATI graphics cards who update their system, including me, have a problem where the card is ****** up, but when this whole driver problem is fixed, I have a question.

With Linux's different directories and different ways of running the system, will I need the Driver Cleaner to keep my graphics acceleration as fast it should be like I did in Windows?

oilchangeguy
December 17th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Well one thing I've known for a while is that on Windows, at least for ATI cards, the drivers tend to leave things cluttered and messy and the famous Driver Cleaner fixes that right before you install a new driver to ensure less crashing and faster good-graphics-stuff. It worked quite well, and I know right now all Ubuntu users with ATI graphics cards who update their system, including me, have a problem where the card is ****** up, but when this whole driver problem is fixed, I have a question.

With Linux's different directories and different ways of running the system, will I need the Driver Cleaner to keep my graphics acceleration as fast it should be like I did in Windows?

no