PDA

View Full Version : Getting into the THrill of Dec.25

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 03:29 AM
ya, for some reason this year, im not really into it. Iv always loved Christmas...but not this year.

What do you all do to get into the jive?

handy
December 17th, 2008, 03:51 AM
It is a capitalist plot that is a prime example of how deranged our societies values are.

damis648
December 17th, 2008, 03:52 AM
It is a capitalist plot that is a prime example of how deranged our societies values are.

Well, whatever works.:popcorn:

CholericKoala
December 17th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Remembering long ago a star over Bethlehem and a savior born for the world...

Yes
December 17th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Reminding myself that I'll have nearly two weeks off of school normally gets me in the spirit :P.

damis648
December 17th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Reminding myself that I'll have nearly two weeks off of school normally gets me in the spirit :P.

Ha, +1

OutOfReach
December 17th, 2008, 04:05 AM

Another +1 :)

y6FgBn)~v
December 17th, 2008, 04:06 AM
it is a capitalist plot that is a prime example of how deranged our societies values are.

+1

handy
December 17th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Remembering long ago a star over Bethlehem and a savior born for the world...

I'm not allowed to express my opinions on that subject here any more. :---) :rolleyes: =; ):P :lolflag:

Kingsley
December 17th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I get a little over 4 weeks off. :guitar:

Polygon
December 17th, 2008, 04:27 AM
i hate christmas. yay for capitalism, repetitive music and unrealistic ideals

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 04:30 AM
i hate christmas. yay for capitalism, repetitive music and unrealistic ideals

Bah humbug...i thinka few of us are gonna get some sweet visits here soon enough

WaeV
December 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM
No problem with capitalism here. (What? On an open-source OS forum? Tsk tsk on me.)

I know what you mean, though; I'm not really in the spirit yet either. I don't even have a tree, and I live in New England! What has happened to me before was that about two weeks AFTER xmas I got into the spirit, but all my presents had already been opened. :-?

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 05:33 AM
No problem with capitalism here. (What? On an open-source OS forum? Tsk tsk on me.)

I know what you mean, though; I'm not really in the spirit yet either. I don't even have a tree, and I live in New England! What has happened to me before was that about two weeks AFTER xmas I got into the spirit, but all my presents had already been opened. :-?

lol i agree, im usually singing jingle bells - mid july

Tamlynmac
December 17th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I do recall (as a kid) being overexcited this time of year and have noticed a decline in that emotion, at least with respect to my grandchildren. Haven't been able to put my finger on it either.

Maybe today people are just so busy trying to pay bills and raise families that the spirit of the holidays may have lost some of it's luster. I believe many parents are tired and worn out from all the stress and frustration associated with raising a family in todays environment. I would hope that the excitement and meaning of this holiday inspires people to remember their childhood and endeavor to recreate some of the memories they had as children with their own children.

Oh and let's not forget - schools out. \\:D/

handy
I'm not allowed to express my opinions on that subject here any more.

I'd really be interested in knowing what opinion you expressed. How bad was it? :shock:
You could send me a private message - if it's not fit for posting...:-s

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Well, imma go to photo shop, tap into my child hood thought of Christmas...and see what pops out.

i think your right about the stress of a family, and i throw in that this an election year

I-75
December 17th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Happy Winter Solstice....

handy
December 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'd really be interested in knowing what opinion you expressed. How bad was it? :shock:
You could send me a private message - if it's not fit for posting...:-s

I spent a lot of time in the now defunct Backyard (by any other name) forum, where politics was discussed; where religion & atheism attempted to abrade one another; where the constant battles between faith & science were once allowed to chase each others tales. This all provided a great deal of stimulation, education, entertainment :-) & unfortunately a huge amount of extra work for the mod's. Which is why the BY is no more & such topics are outside of the Ubuntu Forum's CoC, which I endeavour to respect.

Really it is best to leave that whole forum behind, it has all been discussed far too much already.

Ms_Angel_D
December 17th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not allowed to express my opinions on that subject here any more. :---) :rolleyes: =; ):P :lolflag:

+1005 lol

MERRY YULE and HAPPY SOLSTICE TO ALL!!

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
well here ya go guys, my attempt at a photoshop Christmas

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2hpromami5.jpg

jadeblue
December 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
The thought of the holidays always seems to help.

RomanticWolf
December 17th, 2008, 11:58 PM
the thought should be (to) help? is that what u ment?