PDA

View Full Version : Total Noob

johnno56
December 17th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Hey guys,

I have an old Basic (wow, that's showing my age) vocabulary program that I would like to either convert to or create a GUI for. I am not familiar with C, (with or without the pluses).

Can you suggest a GUI designer suite that is; extremely easy to use; has lots of examples; must be suitable for Gnome; code cutting to a minimum (until proficient); tutorials - luv tutorials.

I realize that this is a bit vague and probably a tall order at best, but I would like to learn how to create GUI's.

Regards

J

mssever
December 17th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Hey guys,

I have an old Basic (wow, that's showing my age) vocabulary program that I would like to either convert to or create a GUI for. I am not familiar with C, (with or without the pluses).

Can you suggest a GUI designer suite that is; extremely easy to use; has lots of examples; must be suitable for Gnome; code cutting to a minimum (until proficient); tutorials - luv tutorials.

I realize that this is a bit vague and probably a tall order at best, but I would like to learn how to create GUI's.

Regards

J
The main GUI designer for GTK (the only one I know of) is Glade. Give it a whirl and see what you think.

johnno56
December 17th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Will do.

I am running 8.04 Hardy. Which version of Glade? Does it have examples and or tutorials?

Anyway, thank you for replying so quickly.

Regards

J

mssever
December 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Will do.

I am running 8.04 Hardy. Which version of Glade? Does it have examples and or tutorials?

Anyway, thank you for replying so quickly.

Regards

J
Glade 3, in the repos. And Google knows a lot about how to use it.