PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Mod/Customization?

n2stc
December 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
What is the coolest modification or customization you have done? How did you do it? GNOME or KDE? Include some screen shots if applicable.

I've heard a lot about being able to do it, and I'd like to experiment with it.

Thanks,
Stan

n2stc
December 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Then again, you don't need to put screen shots if you don't want to.

billgoldberg
December 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I suggest you take a look in the "post your screenshot" sticky in the community cafe.

n2stc
December 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I suggest you take a look in the "post your screenshot" sticky in the community cafe.

I was thinking about operation mods as well.

THANKS!

n2stc
December 22nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
::BUMP :: I thought this would be a good I dea for a thread. Shows what I know. :(

SomeGuyDude
December 22nd, 2008, 04:59 AM
Well I'm not really sure what the thread refers to. Maybe you could give a few examples?

~LoKe
December 22nd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Mine are all here (http://icedloki.deviantart.com/). Not sure what you consider "cool".

n2stc
December 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Mine are all here (http://icedloki.deviantart.com/). Not sure what you consider "cool".

Cool: One you are most proud of, is fun to use, or you just want to show it off. Thanks! :D

I've heard so much about customization, I just wanted to know what everyone is doing.

crimesaucer
December 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
My favorite mods that I use are:

1.) My zen3 kernel with C[XX]FLAGS/MAKEFLAGS Low-Latency Desktop 432HZ ricer options AMD64 hp-wmi and fastboot.(and zen logos)

2.) Firefox-optimized with C[XX]FLAGS and official branding..... plus lots of other stuff stripped out and disabled in the mozconfig.

3.) A transparent xfce4-panel with "true transparency" from an old cario patch that I found on the xfce4 website.

4.) My own "Homemade" themes. Murrine-svn gtkrc/Emerald/icon-pack modifications of hydroxygen and leporad buttons/conkyrc/gtkrc-2.0 with RGBA and murrine-svn widgets/screenlets with rewritten python scripts with new background.svg images/slim themes to match my wallpaper.

5.) Firefox userchrome for my tabbar, and a rewritten browser.css to change my toolbar icons and their sizes.

6.) Rebuilding all of my apps from source for my AMD Turion 64 X 2 TL-60 using C[XX]FLAGS="-march=athlon64 -msse3 -Os -pipe"

This is what it usually looks like (I have a different wallpaper now..... everything else stays close to the same with only a few color changes to match): http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/345/8/9/8989a7efba23751acda3853f71f36391.png

urukrama
December 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Many of the modifications I made that I like most cannot really be shown in a screenshot. While I do care a bit for looks, I care more for useability and performance. Being able to control almost every action you want your computer to perform from your keyboard, for example, is very, very useful.

I've posted quite a bit of my modifications on my blog (see the link in my signature).

n2stc
December 30th, 2008, 08:00 PM
... While I do care a bit for looks, I care more for useability and performance. ....

I've posted quite a bit of my modifications on my blog (see the link in my signature).

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
(Although I DO appreciate all the other replies too!)