PDA

View Full Version : Google OS - Wait, gOS... if at first you don't succeed...

acelin
December 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
...fail, fail again.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/08/dziuba_gos_cloud/

letriste
December 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah. Everything just keeps piling up... Computers are just as slow now as in 1985. We've only switched kB for GB. MenuetOS is the way to go. Small, fast OS, running small fast apps. Or at least linux... or Darwin.

smoker
December 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
i detect a 'slight' cynical rant from the guy. maybe he doesn't like it! :-)

Paqman
December 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Doesn't seem too "fail" to me. It looks like it boots into a Linux-on-a-chip similar to Splashtop (aka Asus Expressgate) with Windows on the SSD/HD. Having a browser up front at boot on a netbook doesn't sound too crazy to me.

I'm more interested in whether the copy of Chrome in the screenshots is running in Linux or Windows.

acelin
December 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Doesn't seem too "fail" to me. It looks like it boots into a Linux-on-a-chip similar to Splashtop (aka Asus Expressgate) with Windows on the SSD/HD. Having a browser up front at boot on a netbook doesn't sound too crazy to me.

I'm more interested in whether the copy of Chrome in the screenshots is running in Linux or Windows.

That is not actual Chrome... It is but a firefox add-on.

Also, having tried gOS "Space," it's one of the worse Linux distros out there. I guess it is ok for a netbook OS... but it leaves much to be desired.

jj3502
December 17th, 2008, 12:00 AM
sounds stuped, why not just put a web browser on statup?

Paqman
December 17th, 2008, 01:20 AM
That is not actual Chrome... It is but a firefox add-on.

Shame. Chrome rocks. It's well quick.