PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Share ubuntu internet connection

Alexbit
December 16th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Hi all,
I'm back with another question on the "not easy" rapport from ubuntu and windows mobile.

Today I need to know if and how I can allow my pda (HTC TyTN II [kaiser]) with windows mobile 6.1 to connect to internet using the wired connection of my laptot with ubuntu 8.04 lts .
My laptop is connect to the internet through a ethernet router and I want to use the usb cable to connect pda to the laptop.

Over the net i found many solution to use the gprs/umts connection of the pda to connect a pc/laptop to internet but I dont'find a method for the viceversa.

I hope that with my bad english some one of you can understand my question...
;-)

I hope in your precious help!
Thank you,
Alessio

Iowan
December 17th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Internet/ConnectionSharing) is a help page for connection sharing - but I don't know if it details ssharing via USB.

Alexbit
December 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hi,
first of all i want to thank you for the fast reply.
Unfortunately till now I'm not able to use the internet connection of my pc from my windows mobile device.
It's probably that I'm not so skilled to fully understand the guide provided.

Can you (or some one other) provide more precious (simply) instruction?
Thank you all again.
Have a nice day!
Ale

Alexbit
January 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Well, thank's to Xmas time, I've "solved" the problem buing a new xDSL router with integrated access point!
Now I'm able to use the internet connection both from the laptop and my windows mobile device.
Thank you all for the attention.
See you soon....
Have a nice day!
Ale

superprash2003
January 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
please mark this thread as SOLVED..

snahrck
March 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM
It is not really solved in fact. I still would like to know how to connect a windows mobile device to internet using the USB cable.

Here in my office the wireless signal is poor, but my desktop computer has an excellent wired connection.
It would be nice to connect my PDA to internet using the USB cable to synchronize contacts and calendar with GMail. It's done very easily in windows with Activesync.

Thanks in advance.