PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD: invalid compressed format (err=1)

HisServant77
December 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Everyone!

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm having a problem with the CD that I burned to install Ubuntu.

I have a laptop (Inspiron 9100) that has an HDD that no longer works. I am wanting to install and boot Ubuntu and use it from an external HDD that I recently bought.

However, I'm having some problems. I downloaded Ubuntu, then used Cyberlink Power2Go in order to burn the image onto a disc. However . . . when I try to check the CD to install it onto my External HDD from my Inspiron 9100, or even test the CD out, it gives me the error in the subject "invalid compressed format (err=1)" and says System Halted.

I can't figure out just why it is doing that and why I'm getting that problem. Could it be the Power2Go that I used to burn the image onto the disc? Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

Do I need to burn a whole new disc? If so how in the world can I do it to make sure this error doesn't pop up again? I'm very sorry for my ignorance on the issue, and appreciate any and all help! Thanks so much!

~Michael

taurus
December 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto?highlight=(burn)|(iso)

HisServant77
December 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Ah, sorry, I didn't mention it. But I did follow through there. However, the Power2Go has worked before in burning the Ubuntu ISO to a CD before. Yet the CD became scratched and messed up (it did work, as I tested it out and everything, which made me decide to get for good).

Should I simply use the InfraRecorder anyway? I mean, Power2Go worked before so something must be up this time around. Either that, or I'm completely mistaken and I used something else to make the CD last year.