PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Using Ghost with Ubuntu

NeonSamurai
December 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Bit of a strange and convoluted question.

Basically I am using an Ubuntu pen drive, and am configuring it as a project for my work (I want to show them that Ubuntu can do what Microsoft does, only better). I use this pen drive version for most IT work at my office but I'm in a bit of a situation and need to be able to install a ghost image of a Windows PC, whilst booting the PC with my Ubuntu Pen drive.

Is that possible, or will I need to use a more traditional method (namely a boot disk etc).

If it is possible, which software would i need to install in order to ghost an existing image to the PC in question?

Much obliged if anyone knows, but this is really a see-if-it-can-be-done project.

Thanks

Mark

empty_tank
December 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
partimage may be the answer in creating a ghost image using ubuntu

NeonSamurai
December 16th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cheers empty_tank,

What I'm actually trying to do is boot with an Ubuntu pen drive, connect to our image server and then ghost an existing Win XP image onto the PC's HDD of the machine I've booted. Sounds overly convoluted I know, but hopefully it's doable.

The images have already been created, so if I used partimage it'd just be to drag them over onto the target HDD.

Mark