PDA

View Full Version : HowTo Copy channel setted list (xmltv) on another system??

impossibilechecisiaquesto
December 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hi i've a working mythtv system with my satellite box ( SKY Italy) where i alredy setted and edited the channel list and the channel numbers grabbed by xmltv.

Now i installed another mythtv system in my father's house, he has also another Satellite Receivers (SKY) the same of mine.

How can i copy the settings i alredy made in my mythtv system, saving, believ me, a lot of time??

Thanks.
Martino.

dmfrey
December 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hi i've a working mythtv system with my satellite box ( SKY Italy) where i alredy setted and edited the channel list and the channel numbers grabbed by xmltv.

Now i installed another mythtv system in my father's house, he has also another Satellite Receivers (SKY) the same of mine.

How can i copy the settings i alredy made in my mythtv system, saving, believ me, a lot of time??

Thanks.
Martino.

I use these db backup and restore scripts. Download them and execute the backup on your machine and the restore on your father's machine.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore

The restore script allows you to do a partial restore which just does the recording information. I believe you can also specify specific tables to restore. This is where you would want to restore your channel data. You may have to play with the mappings in the database once they are restored.

I hope this helps.

impossibilechecisiaquesto
December 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
thanks, i try this way!

THANK YOU. WAS SO USEFUL!