PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem, not known exactly !!!

linux2learn
December 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I have Ubuntu 8.10 in my PC. It installed perfectly. But the problem is not exactly in words of mine. But i have tried to write them as follows:
1) Some times, I insert the username and password and then it freees. I have to press Restart key.
2) Some times, the graphics becomes so bad that seems like similar to that screen which can be seen in windows in lack of Memory. I mean Blue , black ,yellow mixed colors in my desktop and it hangs up there..

Is there anyway to know the list of errors in the system with some commands in terminal???

only this much for this time.. I am sure that i have other problems too.. If i face it i will write again..

ajgreeny
December 15th, 2008, 11:03 AM
It sounds like a graphics card problem. What hardware do you have and have you added any restricted drivers for it?

shiker
December 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I can't help but i have the exact same problem, after some use in less than 5 min, ubuntu will frezee, even at the login screen, and not only with ubuntu, knoppix is affected too, the problem is my radeon 9200 se card agp, how do i know this?, I change to terminal, update linux, play music, etc , this way I can use all the time I want the pc, but after change to xserver again, it freezee again

ajgreeny
December 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Interesting! My Radeon 9200SE card gives me no problems at all running with the driver installed at the time of system install, the open source ati driver. I always thought that this card was one of the better older ati cards, but perhaps I'm just lucky.

RJARRRPCGP
December 16th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I have Ubuntu 8.10 in my PC. It installed perfectly. But the problem is not exactly in words of mine. But i have tried to write them as follows:
1) Some times, I insert the username and password and then it freees. I have to press Restart key.
2) Some times, the graphics becomes so bad that seems like similar to that screen which can be seen in windows in lack of Memory. I mean Blue , black ,yellow mixed colors in my desktop and it hangs up there..

Is there anyway to know the list of errors in the system with some commands in terminal???

only this much for this time.. I am sure that i have other problems too.. If i face it i will write again..

The yellow part sounds like when the monitor cable has a bad connection.