PDA

View Full Version : Amazing idea!!!

wildman4god
December 15th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Quick everybody checkout this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Long_Term_Vision

Is it not the coolest thing you ever saw, this is exaclty what I want to see with gnome in ubuntu (or gnome in general) my question is does anyone know if this is being seriously worked on and if it is does anyone know when this will become a reality?

magmon
December 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I wouldnt upgrade to that version if its released. Its too busy in my opinion, I like to keep it more simple.

zmjjmz
December 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM
It needs a lot of work before it can be considered.

wildman4god
December 15th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I wouldnt upgrade to that version if its released. Its too busy in my opinion, I like to keep it more simple.

Well I like it because it answers my main issue with gnome, not much eye candy. yeah I know I could switch to kde but most of the apps I use are gtk+ based and, call me obsesive compulsive, but I don't like running kde apps on gnome and vice versa. I also like gnome because it is, in my opinion, easier to configure than kde. The only other thing I might add to that long term vision is built in support for multi-brand widgets (widgets from several different companies, mac, yahoo, google, etc.)

aeacides
December 15th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Same thing here ... gradients aren't well used in my opinion, and everything is messy and too big. Color charts is weird too.

But hey, themes are there if you want to use it. Otherwise it's made to be changed :p

Here's one that I like ... http://willwill100.deviantart.com/

edit: «I don't like running kde apps on gnome and vice versa.» -> Yeah I agree ;- p

wildman4god
December 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
It needs a lot of work before it can be considered.

Well then I will look forward with great anticipation. :biggrin:.

Skripka
December 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I like some of what they did interface wise, BUT-the Apple OSX dock is one of the more wasteful wastes of screenspace in the history of GUI-and unless they add much more functionality to it it would be the first thing I'd turn off/delete.... I still feel no love for the olive drab color sheme. Glassy I kinda like-olive drab not so much.

zmjjmz
December 15th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I think a lot of the artwork for Hardy was great. IMO a lot of those themes should be considered instead of this one.

|{urse
December 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
this is cooler than openbox already is, how?

magmon
December 15th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Agreed, one thing I love about intepid is that its not so brown. The white menus was what really made me consider switching, actually xD

MikeTheC
December 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM
this is cooler than openbox already is, how?

While I may agree somewhat with the sentiment, I've just visited both FluxBox's and OpenBox's respective web sites, and found nothing there which really explained or justified why I would want to install it, and that includes the screenshots they have posted.

I'm not against competition or plurality of options. The more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned, because inevitably the "next thing" will cherry-pick from many different sources. We shall see...