PDA

View Full Version : [other] Editting 'Places' in ume-launcher

sgrabowski
December 15th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Can anyone tell me of a way to edit the 'places' section of the ume-launcher in Netbook-Remix (Hardy)?

There seems to be a bug; I made a folder and added it to the places toolbar by drag-and-drop, but I deleted the folder before removing the places link. This removed it from nautilus, but the link remained on the launcher. I've done this twice now and thus now I have two dead links I cannot remove.

Screenshot: Link (http://www.sgrabowski.co.uk/uploader/Screenshot.png)

I've tried reinstalling ume-launcher - using purge to remove configs. To restart I used the command line and I got this output:

** (ume-launcher:5650): DEBUG: Font dpi: 96
** (ume-launcher:5650): DEBUG: Font changed: Sans 10

** (ume-launcher:5650): DEBUG: Connecting to ConsoleKit for suspend/resume restarting
Not themed icon: file:///media/ORIETA/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/DEBS/untitled%20folder
Not themed icon: file:///home/stefan/Downloads/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/untitled%20folder
seahorse nautilus module initialized
Initializing nautilus-share extension
Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error No such file or directory
Please ask your system administrator to enable user sharing.

Not themed icon: file:///media/ORIETA/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/DEBS/untitled%20folder
Not themed icon: file:///home/stefan/Downloads/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/untitled%20folder

[...]

seahorse nautilus module shutdown

(ume-launcher:5650): Wnck-WARNING **: Received a timestamp of 0; window activation may not function properly.

(ume-launcher:5650): Wnck-WARNING **: Received a timestamp of 0; window activation may not function properly.

(gimp-2.4:5672): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `GtkFileFolder'

seahorse nautilus module initialized
Initializing nautilus-share extension
Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error No such file or directory
Please ask your system administrator to enable user sharing.

[...]

The folder error just continues until I kill it. I think this is hitting performance too.

Any help is much appreciated! This is my first post so if its in the wrong place etc please move!

Stefan

sgrabowski
December 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Found the answer by trying to sort something else out... it seems that the ume-launcher does not hide dead places links like nautilus. The only solution is to load nautilus > edit bookmarks > and then the dead links are shown with a globe and question mark icon. Simply remove and then they are gone from the launcher.

Quick solution to something that had bugged me for days.