PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Want a fuzzy clock for the GNOME panel? Here you go, please test.

dsm iv tr
December 14th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I recall that people were asking for a "fuzzy" clock applet for the GNOME panel, it being something in KDE that GNOME lacked, and I really missed. Coincidentally, I also needed to learn to use PyGTK.

So I made one + an installer script. :)

You can also run it manually in a window with
$ python ./FuzzClock.py --in-window

I hope some people will find this useful either in the transition from KDE or just for the heck of it. Constructive suggestions/bug reports are welcome. I'm sure there's at least a few things I could do to make it better.

http://code.google.com/p/fuzzy-clock/

As of 1.0.3, I've added a proper README, clarified the installer script, and made 12 hour mode the default mode, as per requests.

benerivo
December 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Nice, i hate being constantly told exactly what time it is. Could you get it to read in a 12hr clock rather than 24hr, so that it syas 'twenty past ten' rather than 'twenty past twenty-two'.

dsm iv tr
December 14th, 2008, 11:30 PM
As of version 1.0.2, 12-hour support is working and toggleable by a right-click menu item.

Thanks again for your input, benerivo!

Sabljak
May 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I hope some people will find this useful either in the transition from KDE or just for the heck of it.

Very nice, i like this clock! How could I translate it in German? If I do replace the timeways in FuzzClock.py with german timeways, I get a Error:Can't load »OAFIID:GNOME_FuzzClock«. What more should I do to have it in other languages?

Sabljak
May 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Error:Can't load »OAFIID:GNOME_FuzzClock«

I've solved the Problem, it was the "Umlaut" (üöä) that Python was not able to read. I've changed it in "ue" "oe" and "ae", it's working fine now. Thanks anyway!

Stenudd
June 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Very nice, i like this clock! How could I translate it in German? If I do replace the timeways in FuzzClock.py with german timeways, I get a Error:Can't load »OAFIID:GNOME_FuzzClock«. What more should I do to have it in other languages?

Simply add this
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
after
#!/usr/bin/env python

it will look like this
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Then you can use it with all your special chars

Thanks for great app :-)