PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Adept manager

fuzz579
December 14th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Hey I was wondering if it is possible to install the adept-manager from kde3 on kubuntu intrepid seeing as the new one is completely worthless.

Thanks! bye.

EDIT: the main reason I thought it was useless was that it didn't detect all my packages and it turns out that problem is also with synaptic sorry to all the developers of adept out there (who are not reading this post) I just don't like the new UI.

BigAl-SA
December 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Can't help with a solution (looking for one myself), but have the same problem. Something has broken with "adept manager" and this has passed itself onto synaptic. Neither can find anything outside what is on the CD. For instance, looking for firefox in "adept manager" and synaptic only gives latex-xft-fonts

On the other hand "adept installer" finds everything searched for in any repository category.

I agree with the previous poster that adept-manager, in spite of its crashes, was a better product. At the very least it sorted the packages into alphabetical order...

pablo27
January 5th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I ran into the same problem when I updated to KDE4. When I removed the console for KDE4 and went back to KDE3+ Console and reinstalled adept and Synaptic it has been fine. Did this three times before I figured it out No problems KDE$ bites

SuperSonic4
January 5th, 2009, 02:09 AM
KDE4 is good. Adept isn't, plus KDE4 is nothing like as stable as KDE3.x because it's not been out for years and it hasn't been fine tuned yet.

Skripka
January 5th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Adept will be going away shortly. The project devs are moving on to other things last I heard. All the code is there for someone to take over if they want, but KDE will be moving to KPackage in the near future.