PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Tablet drivers for Gateway 285M

Kievcollector
December 14th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I have recently switched from Vista Business on a Gateway tablet to 8.4. Are there drivers I can download to enable my tablet features or do I need to return to Windows?

inobe
December 14th, 2008, 02:21 AM
what features are not working ?

example: touchscreen

inobe
December 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
you probably already have vista back on it, it doesn't take long till someone throws in their hat !

that model you posted' i get zilch searching for it.

if you are using ubuntu desktop, then of course you will have some difficulty, their are other derivatives ......

MID addition is what your probably looking for.

MID "mobile internet device"

Favux
December 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Kievcollector,

While I looked at the Gateway 285M a while ago when shopping for tablet pc's I don't remember who built the tablet. In other words is it a Wacom tablet? If it is then there are HOW TO's on installing linuxwacom drivers. If it is another type there may be drivers around for it too.

In short you need to post what kind of tablet (who manufactured it) is integrated into the 285M. Further details, like is it a serial or USB tablet would also help. Also isn't that about the time Gateway sold off its business unit? If so aren't there like 4 or 5 different model numbers for essentially the same tablet? It would help if you figured that out and listed them. That would also help you in your search. It would also help the folks trying to assist you.