PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE environment will only load completely on every second login

devemao
December 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Would be very grateful if anyone could help me out on this one. I'm pretty much an (k)ubuntu-newbie, so bare with me if I appear to be somewhat slow... :-) I couldn't find any similar problem description in the forum, but it might also be that I didn't know how to search properly...

Anyhow,
Every time I boot my computer, the KDE environment will not build up properly. I attached the picture "wrong.jpg", where you can see
- only one desktop
- no symbols on right end of the kicker bar, except for log-off and time
- no window frame surrounding the console window (Alt-F3 won't work either)
- (you can't see that) writing in the console window won't work (keyboard input will only affect symbols on the desktop, I can't switch to applications and write something there)

Then, after ending the session an logging in again, you get the picture "normal.jpg", with four desktops, the kicker symbols and the window frames. Working normally, basically.

I found out that it is actually every alternative boot/login process that will result in the "wrong.jpg" desktop. Does that make any sense to anyone?

I tried re-installing all KDE-components, that didn't do any good. That's pretty much all that comes to MY mind concerning trouble-shooting, if you know the problem (and the solution), I'd appreciate it. Let me know if you need more system details (and where I can find them, to be on the safe side...)

Cheers,
Derek