PDA

View Full Version : Bye - Au Revoir - Adios - Etc

majikstreet
December 9th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Bye everyone. I'm leaving the forums. I know people could care less, and this post will get fed in to the "Jail". These forums have gone downhill. It's just not right. I loved (and still do!) these forums, but I just can't handle all the contreversy. I think it'd be best for me and you that I left.

Good luck. I'll leave my contact information at the bottom of this post in case anyone wanted to contact me.. (I know, I'm wierd.)

Conor

email: mstreetgpg@gmail.com
jabber: majikstreet@jabber.org
gpg key: @ http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB4C5202FE24F131959BAEFCDF031E4A2BE6B5214

You can also grab my gpg key using the command line: gpg --recv-keys BE6B5214

Vlammetje
December 9th, 2005, 01:18 AM
what's all this controversy that I seem to have been missing out out on?:confused:

Suzan
December 9th, 2005, 01:29 AM
I don't know either... what's going on?

canadianwriterman
December 9th, 2005, 01:38 AM
The controversy involves several rather heated, bitter and vendictive LONG threads about Automatix. I have to agree, they were disgusting and totally un-Ubuntu. Hopefully, we've heard the last on the subject and can now return to normal.

bonzodog
December 9th, 2005, 01:39 AM
It's OK, there were some problems in another area of the forum, and on IRC, which majikstreet frequented. However things are being resolved, and we will be operating normally again soon.

towsonu2003
December 9th, 2005, 01:40 AM
don't have a clue but I saw some stuff about 'automatix' license (????) in case u wanna search... u could also look at his personal profile (click on username) and click on where it says 'Find all posts by majikstreet'- I'm too lazy and never good at staying out of controversy, so that's a no go for me :)

my only 2 'cents' would be to say 'be patient and stay out of the community areas' for him/her, but, again, that's controversial too, so ignore me :)

Suzan
December 9th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Automatix? The script automatix? Or what?

towsonu2003
December 9th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Automatix? The script automatix? Or what?

no clue - but looking at situation, would stay away whatever the discussion is :)

23meg
December 9th, 2005, 01:54 AM
The controversy is overrated. The controversy around the controversy is getting bigger though and will end up hurting the community more in the end unless everyone calms down and stops fueling the fire with personal debates.

Naglfari
December 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM
The controversy is overrated. The controversy around the controversy is getting bigger though and will end up hurting the community more in the end unless everyone calms down and stops fueling the fire with personal debates.

I'm calm :) I just totally suck at controversy, I try to look at both sides...and I confuse myself....so I just don't say anything.

Uh hey...why does my info say "Posts: 3", I just looked myself up and found 21 posts? Weird.

towsonu2003
December 9th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Uh hey...why does my info say "Posts: 3", I just looked myself up and found 21 posts? Weird.
it wont count the posts to the community areas... like backyard etc. which is very good bc. otherwise I would be going over 1,000 :P basically, it is a means to make sure your 'rating' is based on the technical help you are giving / receiving...

Naglfari
December 9th, 2005, 02:30 AM
it wont count the posts to the community areas... like backyard etc. which is very good bc. otherwise I would be going over 1,000 :P basically, it is a means to make sure your 'rating' is based on the technical help you are giving / receiving...

Ahhhh, okie dokie....well actually, I've not had to ask many questions, pretty much everything that I needed to know was already here somewhere, asked by someone else. I just nosed around till I found it. :)

Lovechild
December 9th, 2005, 02:41 AM
cease this infernal flamewar thread from hell debate or... THE DRAKE GETS IT!!

http://www.alanandsandycarey.com/Domestic/Cats%20and%20Kittens/images/Kitten%20%26%20Duck.jpg

okay I admit I thought the image was great, I was just looking for a way to post it.

matthew
December 9th, 2005, 03:00 AM
cease this infernal flamewar thread from hell debate or... THE DRAKE GETS IT!!
That made me laugh--thanks!

@magikstreet: I hope you come back after you have some time to process. If not, you will be missed.

Re: the controversy: Most of it is over now and lots of great steps are being taken to help deal with flare ups. Most of the problem was due to personality conflicts with a little bit of philosophy thrown in for good measure. The issues really could have been dealt with in a mature, professional manner, but some weren't--that's the problem with humans, we get all emotional sometimes. I really don't think there's any reason to worry about it, all is well (or will be soon).

KiwiNZ
December 9th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Well said mathew

And majikstreet I hope you do return .

bored2k
December 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
@majik: Whatever works for you I guess. Take care majik, we'll always have have <3 for you in the irc chan ;)!

benplaut
December 9th, 2005, 03:23 AM
bye majik... i hope you come back once it's all sorted out :(

hericus
December 9th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Well, if he were leaving he didn't really have to announce it. I mean, jesus wtf.

majikstreet
December 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Well, if he were leaving he didn't really have to announce it. I mean, jesus wtf.
ummm... ok...

@everyone: thanks. i may still watch some threads espically in customizations t&t... I may reconsider..

fuscia
December 9th, 2005, 03:02 PM
can i have your french fries?

majikstreet
December 9th, 2005, 03:08 PM
can i have your french fries?
No. they are for me. not you.

4linux
December 9th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Bye everyone. I'm leaving the forums. I know people could care less, and this post will get fed in to the "Jail". These forums have gone downhill. It's just not right. I loved (and still do!) these forums, but I just can't handle all the contreversy. I think it'd be best for me and you that I left.

Good luck. I'll leave my contact information at the bottom of this post in case anyone wanted to contact me.. (I know, I'm wierd.)

Conor

email: mstreetgpg@gmail.com
jabber: majikstreet@jabber.org
gpg key: @ http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB4C5202FE24F131959BAEFCDF031E4A2BE6B5214

You can also grab my gpg key using the command line: gpg --recv-keys BE6B5214

;)

http://www.taxi2000.us/plantdie.wav

;)

xmastree
December 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Automatix? The script automatix? Or what?I was unaware of all this when I made a small comment regarding automatix in a thread. The author accused me of spreading FUD, and said he felt deep pity if that was my only contribution to the forums. I felt a little hurt, since I feel that I have helped a lot of users along the way, and I PM'd him but was ignored.

This was probably in the middle of all this controversy of which I was unaware. Any other time and my comment might not have been so badly received.

I still don't know what it was all about, something about GPL licencing. Who reads all that stuff anyway?
see this thread (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=99553&highlight=automatix) for an idea. :twisted:

majikstreet
December 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
;)

http://www.taxi2000.us/plantdie.wav

;)
:)

4linux
December 9th, 2005, 04:23 PM
:)

Do you remember where that's from?

bored2k
December 9th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I think this thread has served its purpose. Majikstreet said bye bye, then he said he "might" reconsider. Either way, 10-7 (http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/polcodes.htm) over here.