PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] maildrop msgs not delivered correctly

martien
December 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hello everyone. I have problem trying to run mail server using postfix, courier imap and maildrop:
I configured postfix and courier (with mysql virtual users) and in my transport table i have <mydomain> pointing to maildrop:
Well, i have maildrop and when i try to send mail using mail account (gmail,hotmail,etc.) it sents it and in my mail.log i have

...relay=maildrop status=sent (delivered via maildrop service)
but when i open squirrelmail it has no msgs and when i try to browse the directories in /home/vmail/<mydomain>/<mailuser>/Maildir its no new files..
Then i found that all msgs that i sent were delivered into /home/vmail/Maildir (that is a file..)
How can i fix this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

martien
December 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Any idea? The problem is still here...

froek
December 23rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
I have this exact problem.

postfix + mysql + spamassassin + courier-maildrop is not working.

It appears that the maildroprc file isn't getting the $USER, $HOST, etc.. variables set. They are blank and that's why my setup is delivering all mail to /home/vmail/./Maildir.

I don't know whether it's my master.cf entry for maildrop that's screwed up:

maildrop unix - n n - - pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/bin/maildrop /etc/maildroprc ${user} ${nexthop} ${sender}

??? This is quite puzzling!

froek
December 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
The other thing I just noticed, if I run the following command:

maildrop -V 4 -d email_test@test.com < /etc/motd

it properly delivers my mail to the right location. This is what makes me think that postfix is not passing the right arguments to maildrop.