PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install Ubuntu on LG E200

Grizonic
December 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hey,

I've bought an LG e200 laptop that came with Vista. Then I tried to install Ubuntu 8.04 with the same CD that I had used on another computer (Desktop) and the installation behaviour was completely different. When I chose 'install', the graphical environment closed and what appeared was a command line. I then tried the Live CD option and it didn't run.

Googled for the problem and found some guys that had the same problem as me. They said it was because of the ATI 1250 board.

After that I've replaced Vista for XP to see if that was the problem, but it still didn't work.

I got the Ubuntu 8.10 to see if that was a fixed bug already, and noticed that the Live CD did run, although when I tried to install, it didn't work again.

But now the problem was another one. The graphical installation is working, but when I go to the partition part of the installation I notice that Ubuntu doesn't recognize the XP partition. So the only option is to install in the full disk.

As I hadn't got much info in XP partition, I tried to install in the full disk and found out that it was impossible for Ubuntu to install the root partition in the disk I chose (Ubuntu Words).

I know it is hard for you to understand my problem with this text, but was hoping that someone out there already had the same problem and solved it...

Thanks a lot for your help!