PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody having trouble with Gmail?

s.fox
December 12th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I have tried to access Gmail for the last few days on different internet connections on different machines and I can't seem to load Gmail. I can load it Okay if I choose to load it in basic HTML version.

Anyone else having similar troubles? It would be nice to know I am not alone :p

-Ash R

howlep
December 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
no problems here :)

kerry_s
December 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM
works fine for me.

Hume's doona
December 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
i can access it, i just seem to be getting my emails 12-24 hours late.

howefield
December 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Likewise, no issues here pulling into Evolution via IMAP, or going to the site.

Can you load all other web pages correctly ?

s.fox
December 12th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Hmmm.

Well I was able to access it okay on an iMac with a wired connection. :confused:

All other pages load fine. Normally I use wireless internet and all other pages load with no problems. Its a mystery :confused:

dannytatom
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Mine did the same earlier, wouldn't load for a long time then asked me to view the "Regular HTML Version." I f5'd instead, and it loaded the regular version pretty quick. ;o

spupy
December 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Recently it has problems logging me out. I suspect it might have something to do with the Labs features that I enabled.

will1911a1
December 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Haven't had an issue with it. I checked it this morning actually.

Vadi
December 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Loads fine but it's become one buggy email now and it is annoying.

sydbat
December 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I haven't had any trouble...just checked it and it loads fine. Do you have anything extra enabled? If so, that might be the cause. Also, I find wireless connections to be significantly slower than wired ones, so that might also be an issue.

m_l17
December 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Working fine here.

Kernel Sanders
December 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Gmail FTW! 8)

luispic
December 14th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Yes I'm having trouble as well, it's very odd... Ive been loosing my google talk connection as well... I suspect gmail servers having problems, anyone know where to confirm that? (although I will try to disable all the google labs things I have enabled)

s.fox
December 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think its the fact that I am using wifi as other pages load pretty sharpish.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Ash R

luispic
December 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Hey everybody, so I found a solution to that gmail problem, I reduced the size of the MTU to 1400 and it worked, I called my ISP and reported the problem, they imediatly talked to me about changing my ITU but I had to do a bit more research to really modifing windows registry in order for me to change it, since they don't do troubleshooting in linux. But after a while and some tests it worked and gmail stoped giving trouble, later on I looked on how to do it on linux and it was a lot easier:

ifconfig <interface for MTU to be canged> MTU 1400

ok well I hope it helps anyone... more info on MTU troubles:
http://help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu.shtml

CrazyArcher
December 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
When I think about it, some 12 hours ago my Gmail page just refused to work. I tried to log in one more time and then it worked.