PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Hardy Record Macros

CoCoKnots
December 12th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Well, I thought we found a solution. I was having a problem using the 'Record Macros' function in OpenOffice 2.4 with Hardy 8.04 It was suggested that I try Lotus/Symphony as OpenOffice has an issue with the 'Record Macros' function in the Calc Spreadsheet program. It would not change/update the data as required. After installing Lotus/Symphony (now owned by IBM) I am having the sam exact problem with their 'Record Macro'
exercise. Is there something in Hardy that could be restricting this type of function from working ?

CoCoKnots
December 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
When I entered the 'Edit Macros', I found that what ever the 'bug' is in the 'Record Macros' routine is mis-placing the cell data... That's why I'm not able to update the spreadsheet. I see others are having the same problem with this part of OpenOffice. How do I find the status on repairing such issues?

CoCoKnots
December 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Is anyone running OpenOffice Record Macros in 7.10 or 8.10 successfully?
If so, my next question is if there is any way to load either of these versions of Ubuntu as a partition to work with Hardy???

CoCoKnots
December 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Try this again... Am I asking this question in the correct place... Or should I be looking somewhere else?:confused:

CoCoKnots
January 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM
It's been a while since I first posted this thread. I have also posted a thread on OpenOffice.org Forum looking for a solution. Please, if anyone has any suggestions at all... Let's hear them. I may need to revert to the "Micr*****, Ex***". I really don't want to go there. :(