PDA

View Full Version : xterm scrollbars are broken in 5.10

stiaszny
December 8th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I've noticed that Breezy ships with xterm version 203, and the scrollbars are hopelessly broken. Has anyone else noticed this problem too?

I can go into detail about the hackery I have tried to overcome this problem, but I'd like to make sure I'm in the right forum first. I tried posting in some other forum (ubuntu users mailing list forum?) but it wouldn't let me and suggested I post here instead.

Stormy Eyes
December 8th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I haven't noticed that myself. May I suggest using rxvt-unicode instead?

stiaszny
December 8th, 2005, 08:52 PM
well, I'll try that and see, but I am definitely interested in solving the xterm problem. So when you fire up an xterm -sb, the scrollbars display completely properly for you? Are you also running version 203?

Stormy Eyes
December 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
well, I'll try that and see, but I am definitely interested in solving the xterm problem. So when you fire up an xterm -sb, the scrollbars display completely properly for you? Are you also running version 203?

I don't know what version of xterm I'm running at the moment, since I'm at work and away from my Linux boxen at home. Also, I'm running Dapper (as shown in my user info), and don't use xterm in the first place. I recommended rxvt-unicode because that's what I use. I find it lighter than xterm, while providing unicode and Xft support.

linbetwin
December 8th, 2005, 08:57 PM
So why is this thread in the community chat?

stiaszny
December 8th, 2005, 08:58 PM
point taken. Which forum do I go to talk to Ubuntu developers/hackers who are interesting in figuring out why Breezy Badger has this problem? I am willing to help, as long as I can get pointed in the right direction.

stiaszny
December 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
So why is this thread in the community chat?

because I was blocked from posting this in the forum I originally wanted to post it. The software said "Hi, we notice you haven't posted before. We recommend you post in community chat."

Stormy Eyes
December 9th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Dapper has xterm 205, by the way.