PDA

View Full Version : Internet related questions

EdThaSlayer
December 11th, 2008, 03:51 AM
1)If there was no internet, how bored would you be?

2)If there was a way to send bits and bytes to the past(internet timetraveling), would you do that?

3) Would you ever be able to "quit" using the internet? Cold turkey style?

4)What would the world have been like, if there was no internet?

5)How long will the "internet" continue to exist? Will it be extinct in the future, replaced by something far more efficient?

Well, you guys could add your own questions to the thread too!

I will reply later!

I-75
December 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Probably be spending more time outside camping.

2)If there was a way to send bits and bytes to the past(internet imetraveling), would you do that?

Heck yes, send myself a email in the early 2000's to buy Gold at $300 a ounce.

I could, I went for nearly 40 years without the internet or computers.

Probably the fax machine would have been the mainstay in many peoples homes.

5)How long will the "internet" continue to exist? Will it be extinct in the future, replaced by something far more efficient?

I think the governments will end up messing it up and ruining it for everyone.

I will reply later!

EdThaSlayer
December 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Guess I will answer-prematurely!

I would read more books...instead. Then faint of boredom.

2)If there was a way to send bits and bytes to the past(internet timetraveling), would you do that?

Yep! Send myself knowledge about other operating systems so I would have started using an OS like linux before I got internet at home.

Over my dead body!
aka-nope :cry:

Less Linux usage?Microsoft dominance. No DRM issues as there would be no filesharing.No World of Warcraft or any other sort of online gameplay! :mad:

It will exist until the day we humans make this planet Earth of ours into an uninhabitable planet that can't sustain any sort of life. ):P

mips
December 11th, 2008, 12:42 PM

I will reply later!

There was life before the internet. I was called swap meets or you would use modems & BBS's for mail and other stuff. There was actually way less clutter in the dyas of BBS's, now anybody with a internet connection and web cam seems to be uploading crap all day long.

gn2
December 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
1: Not bored at all, plenty other things to do. There's a real world of opportunities out there.

2: No.

3: Easy-peasy. I gave up alcohol 23 years ago so the web wouldn't be any different.

4: Same as it was before the internet.

5: I think it will continue, but the means of access will probably change.

billgoldberg
December 11th, 2008, 02:22 PM

I will reply later!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm only 22 and remember the pre-internet time.

Internet only started getting mainstream when I was around 14-15.

I can quit, I don't want to but I can do it.

Sending info to the past is a very dangerous thing to do(if it were actually possible :p ), so no.

What would the world have been, the same as 20 years ago. That being said, other mains to communicate would have been invented.

I think the internet will be replaced by something different. I don't know if it will be better. It could be far worse or better.

billgoldberg
December 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Guess I will answer-prematurely!

I would read more books...instead. Then faint of boredom.

Yep! Send myself knowledge about other operating systems so I would have started using an OS like linux before I got internet at home.

Over my dead body!
aka-nope :cry:

Less Linux usage?Microsoft dominance. No DRM issues as there would be no filesharing.No World of Warcraft or any other sort of online gameplay! :mad:

It will exist until the day we humans make this planet Earth of ours into an uninhabitable planet that can't sustain any sort of life. ):P

I don't agree, you act as if the computer market would have progressed the same if there were no internet.

The truth is that if there was no internet, computers wouldn't nearly be as intresting as they are today.

Now everyone at least has one pc in his home, should there be no internet, that wouldn't be the case at all.

Linux wouldn't exist (no internet, no kernel).