PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Minor problem with progress bar (Intrepid loading screen)

cheway
December 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Hello All,

Have been having a slight issue with my Intrepid installation on my new machine. As you can see from the attached photo, another copy of the progress bar (split along its length) appears in other locations.

The (correct) progress bar in the centre works fine, and the duplicate progress bars (one at far left, small one at far right) do not get any orange bars on them at all.

Now the really weird thing - when I first installed Intrepid on my machine around 3 weeks ago, I didn't have this problem. However, when I reformatted the other day, the problem started. I am using the same Intrepid disk, with exactly the same setup. The only thing that I can possibly think of as being any different is that a copy of ******* had since been installed when I reformatted. However, I then completely wiped all of my disks and tried a fresh Intrepid install again - same problem.

I must say that I haven't noticed any other problems with the system, but these little things really do bother me when they appear to happen for no reason.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

cheway
December 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Problem seems to have gone away now, no idea why. I had run all of the updates and installed compiz manager, and the problem was still there. Week later, it has mysteriously dissapeared...

Anyway, let me know if anybody else has this issue, and I will try to invoke the problem again and see what fixes it.

neu2buntu
December 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
i had this happen too ,it happened on my advent k4000 laptop which i upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10 ,same thing as you it just stopped happening and my extra bar was below the original,..it must be some glitch in the matrix..lol....