PDA

View Full Version : Technical Support Calls From Hell

s.fox
December 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Hi,

A friend sent me this (http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_calls.shtml) link to a site which made me smile. Its all windows based technical support calls and it made laugh so much I thought I would share. :popcorn:

zmjjmz
December 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
"| (x5359849659)

billgoldberg
December 10th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hi,

A friend sent me this (http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_calls.shtml) link to a site which made me smile. Its all windows based technical support calls and it made laugh so much I thought I would share. :popcorn:

I've read about half of them and I need to stop reading.

It's too funny.

jenkinbr
December 10th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Not done yet, but I'm LMAO!

handy
December 11th, 2008, 12:53 AM
You've probably all seen this oldie, but its so good I have to trot it out again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZBTdOp9LwM

urukrama
December 11th, 2008, 01:11 AM
handy, he also wrote a song about it: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_p5N89XQI

magmon
December 11th, 2008, 01:59 AM
WOW, "start, then run and type CMD"
"Not so fast!"
*Cough* RETARD *Cough*

NintendoTogepi
December 11th, 2008, 03:54 AM
"I pressed Cancel"

:lolflag:

jenkinbr
December 11th, 2008, 03:56 AM
"I pressed Cancel"

:lolflag:
:lolflag: I loved that one! :lolflag:

RiceMonster
December 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Oh man, I was getting frustrated reading some of those. Are they real? The worst ones are when the customer gets angry at tech support when it's clearly their own fault.

magmon
December 11th, 2008, 05:47 AM
"That's because you're hitting the space bar."

ROFLMAO

handy
December 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
handy, he also wrote a song about it: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_p5N89XQI

Thanks urukrama :-D

abhilashm86
December 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM
man thats about microsoft foolish:lolflag: users!!!!!!!y linux ppl should read it!!!!!!!!huh
it's so silly GATES describing ppl abt his manufactured goods:lolflag:

kaldor
December 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I have seen this site so many times. A lot is outdated, but still gives me laughs.

A story of my own happened when I was 11 or 12 in a computer lab at school. We were in a small town, with very few computer users. There was a huge problem with the mice not working. After the so-called tech teacher said that they were just buggy all the time, I took the ball out of the mouse and it was _covered_ in dust and debris. I cleaned it in my shirt, popped it back in, and I could use the mouse. I told that to the teacher, and he said he had no time to go "working with that nonsense" and that he would "find a better way.

That school was quite filthy. Glad I only spent 2 months or so there :D

No mousepads in the computer room, and it looked like the tables had not been cleaned since the Great War ended.

kaldor
December 11th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Oh man, I was getting frustrated reading some of those. Are they real? The worst ones are when the customer gets angry at tech support when it's clearly their own fault.

A lot of people do not understand that computers are simple to use. They saw them in sci-fi movies and expect to have to type 10 lines of code in order to make everything work. They use computers with this mindset, then they cannot figure out what to do. In annoyance, they seek help. They feel dumb, then try to turn the problem toward the IT person.

blakjesus
December 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I didn't get through all of the but i think the funniest ones where the one where the lady pushed 'cancel' instead of 'ok' and the guy who connected to his dial-up but didnt know that he had to launch his browser.

I don't think i would ever be able to handle ajob like that without killing myself :P

Bölvağur
December 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
there might be something wrong with me but I dont think there is anything funny about most of those stories. Which is sad because I have a great humor regarding less than wise actions of less than wise people.

Sure there is the "cancel laday" that was a little bit funny but the rest wasnt.

I can assure anyone that with terminal commands there can be no misunderstanding... I know.. I have told my father over the phone how to compile and configure kernel modules to increase sound volume for his soundcard.

MikeTheC
December 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I worked at the Sony Customer Information Service Center (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_CISC) for five years. Trust me, I'm well familiar with idiot customers. That's one of the reasons (not the only one, but one of the main ones) why you won't see me go back into tech support again. Everything you've ever heard, even if it is made up, is all true and has happened many, many times. Believe me, nobody here, no matter how creative you think you are, could come up with something we haven't heard, not just once, not just twice, not just three times, but many, many times before.

Therion
December 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I worked in network support for my last few years in the Navy. Towards the end of my tour, hundreds of "dumb" terminals scattered all over the air-base and an endless supply of clueless end-users kept me entertained for months. One of my favorite conversations with a crotchety Senior Chief went something like this:

Senior Chief: My "computer" isn't working...
Me: What's it doing, or not doing?
SC: The screen just has this flashing bar instead of saying "ready" like normal.
M: Ooooohhh... Yeah, okay sounds like you might be out of "Ready" prompts.
SC: What?
M: Every terminal comes preloaded with "so-many" Ready prompts and you've run out. Let's have a look at the RPG on the back.
SC: What's that?
M: Sorry, Senior, that's the Ready Prompt Gauge. Now then, let's have a look at that gauge. It's on the back so I'm going to need you to turn your "computer" around and...

Chame_Wizard
December 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
How stupid and funny are Winblah users at the same time :lolflag:

semitone36
December 11th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Haha yup ive been all over this site. It keeps me entertainded when Im not answering the very same calls at my own help desk job

oldos2er
December 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Also http://www.techtales.com/tftechs.html

Visti
December 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM

There's no reason why they shouldn't be real. I have had way worse and would rather chew off my own face than work in any kind of support environment again.

This is also the reason that reading these are physically painful to me. I.. I just can't get through this.. not again.. I already served my time, man! Two tours!

MikeTheC
December 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Haha yup ive been all over this site. It keeps me entertainded when Im not answering the very same calls at my own help desk job

Entertainded? I'm not familiar with that word.

pp.
December 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Entertainded? I'm not familiar with that word.

It's mispelt for "entertainted".

MikeTheC
December 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
There is an MP3 recording I have, somewhere in my archives, of a voicemail message left by a customer to one of my former fellow Sony tech reps. I would post it and put a link, but regrettably it would require such bleep-censoring that little point would be served.

Suffice it to say the woman, who identified herself as "Hurricane Wilma" (and this was just shortly before the hurricane of the same name, coincidentally) was very clearly deranged (I mean this in all seriousness, without one bit of levity intended) and fortunately she was dealing with the rep in question. Had she been dealing with nearly anyone else, she would have been referred to Sony's security division for risk assessment evaluation (or, even more likely, hung up on).

In all sincerity, I hope Wilma has gotten the medical, psychological and/or psychiatric help she so obviously needed. I would hate to think about being in her predicament and having to continue on without help.