PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Problems with Vinagre (Gnome VNC/Remote Desktop Access/RDP)

lks45
December 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hi friends,

Iím set up vinagre, the VNC "onboard" of gnome and I access smoothly, the problem is:

If the computers have the monitor plugged with the vga card, the resolution of desktop is up to 1024. But, the monitor cable is unplugged, ubuntu only accept to choose two resolutions: 320 e 640x480. I need keep it in 1024 without the monitor plugged...

Someone have idea to fix it?

Tks, sorry my bad English.

mattman85
December 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
On the computer you want to VNC into, try right-clicking on Applications and clicking on Edit Menus. Go to Other, and then check the box for Screens and Graphics. Close, and then go to Applications > Other > Screens and Graphics. is your monitor set to plug and play? try setting it to one of the other options with 1024x768 in it.. I dont know if it will help, but it worked for me on my one desktop that I use a KVM switch on..

lks45
December 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
On the computer you want to VNC into, try right-clicking on Applications and clicking on Edit Menus. Go to Other, and then check the box for Screens and Graphics. Close, and then go to Applications > Other > Screens and Graphics. is your monitor set to plug and play? try setting it to one of the other options with 1024x768 in it.. I dont know if it will help, but it worked for me on my one desktop that I use a KVM switch on..

Not have "Screen and Graphics", only see: "open folder", "windows apps loader", compiz, "decryptographer files", "menu editor", "key importer", "theme installer", metacity, "mount files", auto run, "signature verification" (icons translated from Portuguese).

But if I go on System >> Settings >> Screen Resolution, I can change the resolution but only 320 and 640. Is the problem!!