PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] From 5.10 Breezy Badger to 6.06 LTS

MoreCowBell
December 10th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hello my fellow Ubuntuites!

I am a total beginner. I need to upgrade from Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger to 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake. I want to download it, but I can't seem to find the link to get the download. I don't want to create a CD if I don't have to. Can someone send me that link, please. I have already disabled my screensaver and uninstalled dockbook-utls. There are no personal files to disturb. The page I went to shows me everything except where exactly to download the upgrade. Gradually, I plan to work my way up to 8.04 or 8.10. Thanks.

On another note: I am in a bad place with my laptop. Foolishly and mistakingly, I ruined my Windows XP installation in my laptop while using Norton PartitionMagic. I was attempting to make a dual-boot machine. Now I have no more PCs running Windows (my other Windows machine died over one month ago--I goofed that one up too while trying to reconfigure it after the crash). Now, I need two copies of XP. One Home and one Professional. I'll get them back up and running again eventually, but it will take some time for me to buy new copies of XP. I do like Linux and won't leave it, but I need Windows to do lots of things.

overdrank
December 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi and you may find some helpful info here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes
I would suggest just Downloading and installing Hardy 8.04 as I do not think you can upgrade from that old of a version, but I have not tried so you may. It would save a lot of time though with a new install of 8.04

MoreCowBell
December 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks, overdrank. I will try a fresh install to a newer version, maybe Kubuntu. I'd like to try that.

I tried to install a newer version in the beginning, but my laptop kept freezing up with rhe other versions that I had tried. If I run into trouble, I'll be back.