PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Ballenato
December 8th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Hello:

Im new in this communty, even on Linux. Just to say hope not to ask too much stupid questions here. <- following what rules say above :KS

regards.

Ballenato

TeeAhr1
December 8th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the dance!

A little advice, n00b to n00b: keep a positive attitude, don't be afraid to get dirty with the command line, and don't be afraid to ask questions on the forums! I installed 5.10 a month ago, and without the help I've gotten here, I would have given up in utter despair weeks ago! The Beginner's Forum especially is a wealth of people who want to help you!

Ride Jib
December 8th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Welcome.

Just take things Step By Step and You Got It. Sometimes Linux will get the best of you, but keep on Hangin' Tough and say 'Let's Try It Again.'

/smacks self for stupid references. And yes, I needed the help of google for them. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000I157/103-6938521-5832656?v=glance

Ok, I'll go back to my cave now...

GeneralZod
December 8th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Welcome and, as I am fond of saying, there are no stupid questions with Linux :)

Rinzwind
December 8th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah,
Most times you kill something and learn from it. That's not stupid but a learning process. Even if it involves re-installing :D

Since you can ask anything in the beginners forum the only stupid thing you can do is NOT ask your question :)

lleb
December 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Hello:

Im new in this communty, even on Linux. Just to say hope not to ask too much stupid questions here. <- following what rules say above :KS

regards.

Ballenato

greetings to both linux and ubuntu.

prizrak
December 9th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the community, please feel at home and don't feed the trolls they are too fat anyways :) Don't worry we will not flame you for what you think are stupid questions we will help this is not an RTFM community :) Also you should search the forum for Automatix it's a GUI driven script that installs alot of common software that is not included for you so you can be up and running :)