PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intrepid partial upgrade: keyboard not working, and other problems.

ea1475
December 10th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Intrepid, and I've been encountering a lot of problems.

Today, I tried installing a package through the terminal, and it began upgrading different packages I couldn't upgrade to before. So, I tried further the upgrade through the terminal. I got to a point where it would stall and couldn't upgrade because of an Amarock package update. I went into Synaptic, clicked mark all for upgrade, and fixed it by manually unmarking the package. Then, it did it again, but this time it was for a library called libk3b3. I unmarked it, then applied. I got a pop up that told me I needed to restart. So, I did. Then a fairly big problem happened...

Right now, my keyboard isn't working. When I start up Ubuntu and go to the log in screen, my keyboard won't work, nor will my USB mouse. However, I have a laptop, and the built in mouse works fine.

When I start up, I go to the recovery mode option. From there, I've chosen to fix broken packages, and chose every option I could. When I go to the root terminal option, I can type there. I've tried to upgrade and fix the problem by typing in apt-get, apt-get -f install, and directly trying to get the library that the error messages were telling me I need, which would be libk3b3.

There was also an error message that said something about the libk3b3 library needed for a gimp-python something, or another.

This is very frustrating, and I don't know what to do. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

ea1475
December 11th, 2008, 02:40 AM
:bump:

If anyone needs any information, like outputs, I could provide it. :)