PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] time settings

vasluianuliviu
December 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
i have a dual boot meaning linux instaled inside windows. with this ocasion my clock time in both sistems goes crazy. in this moment it is shows 00.18 and time is 07.18 i have instaled ntp but same story. any ideea? i can find that settings to change time to romania/bucharest like in ubuntu 8.04. i use ibex. after 10h still same situations

vasluianuliviu
December 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
i have a dual boot meaning linux instaled inside windows. with this ocasion my clock time in both sistems goes crazy. in this moment it is shows 00.18 and time is 07.18 i have instaled ntp but same story. any ideea? i can find that settings to change time to romania/bucharest like in ubuntu 8.04. i use ibex. after 10h still same situations

no one can have an solutions for me?

mister_p_1998
December 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
no one can have an solutions for me?

I had this problem about a year ago on Dapper, you have to tell it to use the BIOS clock as a base time (GMT) then adjust the system time (Ubuntu time) according the the time of year (BST or GMT in UK) I think theres an option to change in the date/time settings. If you tell it to go by the bios clock only, it will keep altering the BIOS clock.

Steve