PDA

View Full Version : Creative Commons folk metal?

DouglasAWh
December 9th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I've got the Ubuntu Satanic Edition Music for the Damned compilation, which has some good stuff, but I'm particularly interested in folk/viking metal which is released under creative commons. I know about Jamendo too, but I'm looking for specific bands, preferably from Sweden, Finland or the US (mostly because I don't know a lot of folk metal bands from The States). Language does not matter.

Thanks!

parker13
January 31st, 2009, 02:05 AM
I've got the Ubuntu Satanic Edition Music for the Damned compilation, which has some good stuff, but I'm particularly interested in folk/viking metal which is released under creative commons. I know about Jamendo too, but I'm looking for specific bands, preferably from Sweden, Finland or the US (mostly because I don't know a lot of folk metal bands from The States). Language does not matter.

Thanks!

Just search Jamendo, my friend. There's plenty of open-licensed metal on there. Let youe ears decide.

kk0sse54
January 31st, 2009, 02:28 AM

Thanks!

Are there vikings in USA? I think not! [-( Stick with the nordic countries we know how to make metal :twisted:

DouglasAWh
January 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Are there vikings in USA? I think not! [-( Stick with the nordic countries we know how to make metal :twisted:

You're selling Scandinavia short. Well, both the US and Scandinavia really. Remember this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Ericcson)?

DouglasAWh
January 31st, 2009, 06:43 PM
Just search Jamendo, my friend. There's plenty of open-licensed metal on there. Let youe ears decide.

Sadly, folk metal is not a genre on Jamendo as far as I can tell. Then again, it doesn't look like you can search by genre at all. There's also no "folk metal" tag, only "folkrock" and I imagine there's a lot of folkrock like The Pogues that I do not want.